TDV6, TDV8, Land Rover, Range Rover Turbo Failure
Thanks to many years of experience we can offer both turbochargers for Range Rover and Land Rover without lifting the body! We know how sensitive and delicate Land Rovers & Range Rovers TDV6 and TDV8 can be. To meet the expectations of our customers we have developed unique faultless methods of turbochargers replacements without lifting the body or removing the engine. Our solutions put the whole job way safer than traditional turbo replacement. Without lifting the bode we don’t need to touch sensors, suspension, park etc.
Turbocharger Reconditioning and Fitting
Along with turbocharger replacement, we clean the whole boost system. It is important to find and eliminate the reason for turbocharger failure. If this part of the job is skipped then very likely turbocharger will fail again soon. All of our turbochargers are balanced up to 250,000 RPM on the latest VSR machine. Correctly done balancing is very important for the best performance and long-lasting.
Because we care about the highest quality of our services and products we’re happy to cover turbocharger & labour with 2 years warranty.
Overspeeding is a term used when a turbo is operating well above its normal operating limits.
If there are any leaks, cracks or poor seals between the compressor and the engine, the turbo will have to work
much harder than it should deliver the required air levels to the engine.
Causes of overspeeding
- Engine modifications including ‘chipping’ or ‘over-fuelling’
- The inconsistent flow of air into the turbo
– Tear in the air hose or the hose becoming completely detached
– Restrictions in the air intake filter or pipework
– Air leaks between compressor and engine
- The wastegate or VNT mechanism has been set incorrectly
- Worn injectors
- Installing an incorrect turbo
- Loss of signal to the SREA (Simple Rotary Electronic Actuator) for the wastegate or VNT control
- High altitude
- Incorrect movement or restrictions in the VNT mechanism
Signs of overspeeding
- The ‘orange peel’ effect
- Inducer blade damage can be a consequence of housing rub
- Staining due to oxidation
- Partial loss of blades
- Burst wheel
- Fatigue fractures of blades
Common fault codes:
- P0047 – turbo boost control, circuit low,
- P0046 – boost control valve/solenoid circuit range performance,
- P2263 – turbocharger boost system performance,
- P0238 – turbocharger boost sensor A circuit high,
- P259E – turbocharger A boost control position at the low limit,
- P0048 – turbocharger/supercharger boost control circuit high,
- P2263 – turbocharger boost system performance.
|Model||Range Rover Sport||Range Rover Vogue|
TDV6 / TDV8
2.7, 3.0, 3.6
|Turbo Brand||BorgWarner, KKK||BorgWarner, KKK|
|Turbo Part Number||
|Comparison Numbers||LR021654, LR021044, LR003668, LR004038, LR008827, LR021653, LR021043, LR003667, LR004037, LR008826||LR021655, LR021045, LR004039, LR004526, LR008829, LR021656, LR021046, LR004040, LR004527, LR008830|
Latest Customers Reviews
Mercedes M-Class E-Class Jeep Cherokee 3.0 CDI 777318 781743 764809 Turbocharger£300.00 Quick View
BMW 325D / 330D / 330XD 3.0D 231HP-170KW 758352 Turbocharger Turbo£300.00 Quick View
Audi / VW / Porsche 3.0TDI 240HP-176KW 799671 810822 819968 Turbocharger Turbo£350.00 Quick View
BMW 530d 730d 525d E60 E61 E66 E65 M57N2 HYBRID TURBO TURBOCHARGER UPGRADE 758351
|We provide our turbochargers services to:|