SEAT Leon 2.0TDi BKD Turbo Failure
Today we have been visited by SEAT Leon FR with 2.0TDi BKD engine – very popular one. This car had a problem with heavy white smoke from the exhaust. Also, a quite common thing on those. Very likely seals on turbocharger starting to pass oil on the exhaust causing smoke. Reasons may be few.
Oil leaks at the compressor end:
- Blockages or restrictions to the air intake pipe, hose or air intake filter
can create a vacuum, causing the oil to leak into the compressor housing
- Air leaks in the intake hoses or at the intercooler
Oil leaks at the turbine end:
- Leaks within the exhaust system
- A clogged bearing housing
- Leaks in the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) system
Oil leaks into the compressor and turbine end:
- Repeated hot engine shutdowns leading to carbon deposits (coke) in
the centre housing
- Physical damage to the turbo’s rotating parts and excessive bearing
- Fitting the incorrect turbocharger
- Restrictions in the oil return pipe
- Ensure air and oil drain systems are clear from blockages or restrictions
- Check the exhaust system to make sure there are no leaks present
- Ensure DPF and Catalytic converter are free of blockages
Turbo Reconditioning & Fitting
Along with turbocharger replacement, we drain old engine oil and replace air and oil filters, then we fill the engine with brand new oil. Additionally, we will inspect and clean the breathing system and turbo intercooler.
All of our turbochargers are balanced up to 250,000 RPM on the latest VSR machine. Correctly done balancing is very important for the best performance and long-lasting.
Because we care about the highest quality of our services and products we’re happy to cover turbocharger & labour with 2 years warranty.
What is included in Fitting?
- FULLY RECONDITIONED TURBOCHARGERS
- AIR & OIL FILTER REPLACEMENT
- NEW ENGINE OIL
- INTERCOOLER CLEANING
- REASON OF FAILURE ELIMINATION GUARANTEE
- 2 YEARS WARRANTY ON TURBOCHARGER
- 2 YEARS WARRANTY ON LABOUR!
BKD Turbo Info
|Engine||BKD / AZV /BKP ; 1968 ccm ; 100-103 kW|
|Turbo Part Number||
|Warranty||2 Years Part and Labour|
Latest Customers Reviews
724930 Hybrid Turbo ~220bhp 2.0 TDI BKD VW Golf Audi HYBRID UPGRADE SERVICE£500.00 Quick View
Audi / VW / Porsche 3.0TDI 240HP-176KW 799671 810822 819968 Turbocharger Turbo£350.00 Quick View
Audi A3 TT Seat Leon Volkswagen Golf IV 1.8T 53039700026 K03-26 Turbo£300.00 Quick View
Audi A4 / A5 / A6 / Q5 2.0TDI 53039700140/133/190 BV43B-0133 Turbocharger TURBO£360.00 Quick View
|We provide our turbochargers services to:|